Audrey used sketching as a way to visually map the various ideas we have had and to open new proposals for what a future performance could hold. She also started to collect ideas for points of departure for our design and artistic process. These points include:
- A lot of AI responses are hard coded
- People ask many things to voices assistants that are not planned for (not hard coded)
- Voice assistants are still not very good at understanding human language, generating many bloopers
- Voice assistants lack context and memory
- Data is part of an ecosystem of algorithms, data collection, voice detection, voice to text technology, AWS….
- Corporations benefit from clean and ‘true’ data
- Voice assistants can’t pretend to be human — instead, how can they honor the reality that they are software.